Who we are and what we do
Belfast Kayak Academy ("BKA" or the "Club") is a youth paddlesports club specialising in kayaking, canoeing and the team sport of Canoe Polo. The Club has a membership base of around 100 people, comprising:
- After School Beginners;
- Junior members;
- Senior members;
- Adult members;
- Parents/Guardians; and
- Committee members.
The Club operate from dedicated facilities at Knockbracken Reservoir and Ormiston Pool.
BKA's functions include:
- Giving guidance to members, setting standards and providing coaching appropriate to the paddlesport discipline;
- Providing equipment, resources and training;
- Organising and supporting National and International Canoe Polo competitions; and
- Promoting the Club at national and international competitions by preparing, helping and developing squads.
How We Process Data
Belfast Kayak Academy maintains a register of Club Members, Parents (of Club Members), email subscribers and "customers" - people who purchase products and services from our website www.belfastkayakacademy.com
The e-commerce solution used by our website is provided by Shopify.
Belfast Kayak Academy also maintain a mailing list hosted by a third party called MailChimp.
How this data is used
Membership Information - Information essential to operation of the Club, which includes email and phone numbers.
Medical Information - medical information (such as allergies and medication) disclosed to the Club on a Registration Form for the purposes of providing effective first aid - if the need arises.
Parental/ Guardian Permissions - record of permissions for taking photographs, travelling in Club provided transport and administering first aid.
Photos and Videos - used to promote the Club on our website and social media channels.
Email Subscriptions – emails provided by users when subscribing to our newsletter are processed by MailChimp.
Payment Details - used to process orders for goods and services (such as membership fees) on our Shopify e-commerce solution.
At any stage you can contact the Belfast Kayak Academy team on email@example.com and we will respect your request to stop processing your data.
You can choose to stop receiving our newsletter at any stage by using the unsubscribe link provided in all email.
When we will share your information
Belfast Kayak Academy will only share information with a 3rd party with your consent. Below is a list of 3rd parties Belfast Kayak Academy uses and their purpose.
- Shopify – Website hosting and ecommerce;
- MailChimp – eMail sending and subscription service;
- Google Business Suite – used for business communications and workflow; and
- CANI - to register you as an affiliated member
How we protect your data
All personal information is treated confidentially and with respect for the benefit of Belfast Kayak Academy in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
You have the right to:
- Ask us for access to, or rectification of your personal data held by us;
- Restrict processing (pending correction or deletion);
- Object to communications;
- Ask for the transfer of your data electronically to a third party;
- Opt out at any stage; and
- Lodge a complaint.
To exercise any of these rights or if you have any concerns or queries, please email the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org and include GDPR in the subject title.